Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Homemade Foaming Hand Soap

My husband goes We go through a lot of hand soap. I keep trying to buy bulk refills that are free of triclosan and sodium laurel sulfate. It can be done, but they're pretty expensive. Luckily, I found an online recipe for making my own. Here's all you need:

1 empty foaming dispenser
1 tsp. glycerin
1/4 c. liquid castile soap (I use Dr. Bronner's almond)
~ 1 c. water (or fill to the top)

Add everything to the dispenser. Tada! You can find vegetable glycerin at health food stores or online at vitacost.com, my new source for green products. I've found Dr. Bronner at health food stores and Target. The essential oils in the soap make it fragrant.

What does the family think?

Husband: I like your hippie hand soap. Keep making it!
Baby (aka the parrot): Hippie soap.

This post is linked to Works for Me Wednesday.

P.S. I will be ending this blog on June 30, 2011.

6 comments:

  1. Ha! Hippie soap. :) I'll have to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you ending your blog? I started a new link up for sharing Healthy ideas, recipes, etc. and I'd like to invite you to add this post. BTW, we use the dr. bronner's and water, it's so easy and cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww Jenn.....dont end it!

    JennyB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you get the empty foaming dispenser? and no - don't end the blog!

    LauraL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement, but I've already announced it, so it has to end (or I'll end up as a false prophetess). I want to focus on actual money-making writing, which does not describe this blog.

    Anyway, you can get full Dial foaming dispensers fairly cheap from Wal-Mart. You can have my husband use it up for you if you want and then you'll have an empty one! Maybe you can get empty ones from health food stores or online too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw that your blog is ending - that's a bummer! But I'd love to have you guest post - anything you want! It'll go up the week of June 20th-24th. Email me: arizonarachel@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete