Friday, June 17, 2011

Stovetop Sweet and Sour Chicken

I have approximately three wanna-be Chinese recipes in my repertoire. This sweet and sour chicken is one of them. I found this recipe in a book called The Potluck Club. I wanted to like the book, but I actually didn't read it and just looked at the recipes in the back. I also switched the recipe from an oven meal to a fast stove top dinner.

Sweet and Sour Chicken
(serves 4)
1. Preheat a large skillet to medium high. Add a little canola oil.
2. In a large bowl, mix together:
  • 6 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 6 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
  • 6 Tbsp. honey
  • 3 Tbsp. white vinegar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
  • 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • a dash of cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 to 1 tsp. black pepper
3. To the preheated skillet, add 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts OR 6 thighs that have been cut into thin strips. Cook until chicken is no longer pink on the outside.
4. Pour the sauce into the pan and cover the skillet with its lid. Continue to cook and stir occasionally until the chicken is done.
5. Serve over brown rice. Add extra sauce to plate as desired.

1 comment:

  1. This is very timely! Adam's on a low-carb diet, which means I'm cooking him chicken almost every day. If I take out the honey (it'll just be sour chicken! :-D), this should be a good recipe to add to the chicken repertoire!

    ReplyDelete